Boys' Preparatory Schools:
A Photographic Essay
Apertures Press has published a 125-page hard cover book depicting every-day life at British preparatory schools. The book includes about 250 never before published black and white and color photographs illustrating school life during the 1980s. There are also many older photographs to illustrate a brief historical essay providing background information on these splendid little schools. Accompanying the photographs are poems, essays, and quips by the children
themselves describing their school experiences. Most of the photographs were taken in England and Scotland, but British preparatory schools in Italy, New Zealand, South Africa, and Ulster are also shown.
Preparatory schools in Britain prepare elementary-age children for the country's elite public (private) secondary schools.
Please have a look at the various pages of our web site for information on Boys' Preparatory Schools:
- Definition: What is a British preparatory school?
- Table of Contents
- History: Historical details on British boys' preparatory schools
- Details: Details about the book.
- Images: Sample photographic images. Note the images have been compressed to increase loading speed and this impairs the viewing quality.
- Writing: Sample written work by the children.
- : How to order Boys' Preparatory Schools
Readers in addition to our printed book, may be interested in our series of eBooks available digitally on the internet:
- New Zealand Schools E-Book: Information about the Apertures Press New Zealand Schools E-Book
- British Preparatory Schools E-Book: Vol. I: Information about the Apertures Press British Preparatory Schools E-Book
- British Preparatory Schools E-Books: Apertures Press now has six eBooks on British preparatory scholls available, including one on boarding schools and another on Scotland. Vol. II: The Apertures Press British Preparatory Schools E-Book Volume II is under construction at this time and not yet available. It should be ready in 2006.